Answer these questions yourself to see if you have a gambling addiction:
- Is gambling interfering with your work or studies?
- Do loved ones criticize you for gambling?
- Has your interest in friends or family diminished because of gambling?
- Have you ever lied to hide the true amount of money you spend on gambling?
- Do you save money to leave more money for the game?
- Have you lost all your savings?
- If you lose, do you have to win it back at all costs?
- Do you feel guilty about the game?
- Have you ever experienced depression or suicidal thoughts after heavy losses?
The more “yes” you get, the more likely it is that gambling has become a problem for you. You need to seriously consider quitting gambling and seeking help from qualified professionals. Gambling addiction is a threat to your financial situation and mental state. Playing responsibly will keep you out of trouble, avoid addiction, and stay in control in any situation.